Friday, May 3, 2013

Cinco de Mayo Spinning Playlist

Once again tiring of the same old playlists, I put together this one for Cinco de Mayo, one of my favorite holidays when I was in college.  While I found out from Wikipedia this is a day of Mexican heritage and pride, the playlist is Latin-inspired as I had some trouble coming up with strictly Mexican-American pop music appropriate for Spin and the Internet was no help.  It also includes 2 tracks by Mike Doughty who will be appearing at the Hoboken Arts and Music Festival this weekend at 4:30pm.  Mike Doughty was also the lead singer of Soul Coughing (Circles, Super Bon Bon) I discovered Mike Doughty through Veronica Mars one of my all-time favorite shows.  See the tribute to Veronica *hearts* Logan and the song, I Hear the Bells here. But he has some pretty kick ass tunes including 27 Jennifers (a favorite of Dave Matthews). More on the Hoboken Arts and Music Festival here.

Cinco de Mayo/Hoboken Playlist

Oye Come Va (Love Assassins Remix) - Tito Puente Jr
Waiting for Tonight (Remix) - J. Lo
I like it - Enrique Igesias (feat. Pitbull)
Maneater - Nelly Furtado
Ain't No Other Man - Christina Aguilera
Rabiosa - Shakira (feat. Pitbull)
I Hear the Bells- Mike Doughty
Shake Your Bon-Bon (Remix) - Ricky Martin
Super Bon Bon - Soul Coughing
Tonight I'm Lovin You - Enrique Igesias
I'll Stand by You - Shakira



No comments:

Post a Comment